First Time Applicants
For first time applicants, you must provide an informal letter to enable the foundation to become better acquainted with you as an individual. This should include insight into your reason for going to college, your expectations of your college education, and why you feel you are deserving of a scholarship from the McDonough Foundation. We suggest that you have this completed before starting your application, and copy-and-paste the document into the designated area.
- Complete the application in full. This includes supplying a current e-mail address that you will continue to check regularly, as this is the method used by the Foundation to communicate.
- If you are a High School senior, have your High School Principal or Guidance Counselor complete the Confidential School Report which can be found here:
Confidential School Report »
- All applicants must upload the following materials:
- An OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT (through Fall 2020), generated from your college’s registrar’s office, or from your high school’s guidance counselor’s office, if you are still in high school.
- A copy of your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) report (5 page report, not the application).
- If you are a new applicant (high school or college), you must also upload: A letter from the club or course where you have completed the employment requirement, certifying you have worked at least 2 seasons.
- If you are a High School senior, you must also upload a copy of the acceptance letter from the school, college or university you will be attending.’
- Headshot photograph of the applicant
The Application and supporting materials must be received no later than May 15, 2021 in order to be considered.
If your school requires transcripts to be mailed, please have them mailed to the following address:
McDonough Scholarship Foundation:
c/o Brian Hayward
61 North Street
Manchester, NH 03104