Many individuals, corporations, foundations, and golf organizations support the McDonough Foundation. Some of the donor opportunities follow:
The Foundation welcomes all general contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations, or golf organizations. All contributions are acknowledged and are fully tax-deductible.
The McDonough Permanent Fund, an endowment fund, provides an avenue for families or organizations to endow a named scholarship in honor or memory of an individual who was or is deeply committed to golf and the education of New Hampshire youths.
Non-endowed scholarships provide the opportunity for individuals associations, and corporations to fund a scholarship on an annual basis in the name of an individual or association.
Families often select the Foundation to receive donations when a loved one dies. The foundation acknowledges such contributions, summarizes the gifts and provides a list of contributors for the family.
Wills and Estates / Planned Giving
The McDonough Heritage Society is an adjunct to the Permanent Fund and provides individuals the opportunity to give back to the game of golf through their estate by naming the McDonoughFoundation as a beneficiary in their will.
The Foundation has available a number of sponsorship opportunities such as the Annual Benefit Golf Tournament and the Annual Dinner, through which individuals or corporations may provide sponsorships.
McDonough Permanent Fund
“Funding for the 21st Century”
The McDonough Permanent Fund, an endowment fund, was created in April, 2000, with the express intent of providing an avenue whereby a donor or donors could establish an endowed scholarship in the honor of an individual or in memory of a loved one.
To date, 18 named scholarships have been endowed in the amount of $847,000 In addition, there are currently four additional named scholarships which are funded on an annual basis by various associations in honor of or in memory of an individual or in the name of the association.
The Foundation expresses its sincere gratitude to the following individuals, organizations, and foundations for their contributions to the Permanent Fund in 2020.
Investing in Tomorrow
You, your company or association can support “Funding for the 21st. Century” through the following Gift Categories.
- Immediate Gifts – cash, appreciated securities, closely-held stock.
- Designated Gifts – given to honor or memorialize someone and can include the naming of a scholarship i.e: a Named Scholarship (minimum gift of $20,000} in recognition of a loved one, trusted colleague or valued employee.
- Gifts of Insurance – an individual names the McDonough Foundation Permanent Fund as both owner and beneficiary of an insurance policy.
- Challenge Grants – an individual, foundation or corporation matches dollar for dollar monies raised to a certain amount in a specified amount of time.
- Testamentary Gifts – bequests through wills which specify a dollar amount or percentage of the estate of monies or property transferred at death.
You, your company or association can make your gift in the following manner.
- One Time Gift – a one-time payment representing the total amount of your donation.
- Pledge to Contribute – by executing a Letter of Intent you may pledge to contribute a specific amount over a period of time. Pledges made with the intent of creating a Named Scholarship (minimum of $20,000) will be accepted over a period of 3 years, pledges in an amount of less than $20,000 will be accepted over a period of two years.
McDonough Heritage Society
The McDonough Heritage Society is an adjunct to the Permanent Fund providing an opportunity for individuals to make bequests to the Foundation as part of their estate planning. Bequests and other planned gifts are important revenue to the Foundation and when received can become part of the Permanent Fund or designated as specified by the grantor. The Foundation extends its appreciation to those individuals who have considered the Foundation by way of requests.